Friday, December 13, 2013

Review of Just a Step Away by Flora Roberts



*I was given an ARC in return for an honest review.*

I loved the premise of this book ... girl's family thinks she needs/has a boyfriend, she asks a friend to pose as her boyfriend, fake boyfriend confesses his true love for her.

This book has great 'bones'. I am hoping with the way the book ended there will be a continuation, maybe a series of novellas. I would've loved to have known some more backstory on Lanie and Lucas. We get the hint of there being some sort of 'family issues' on Lucas' side and then also on Lanie's when she goes home for the wedding. I think there needed to be a bit more development of those characters before it jumped right into them being friends who lived together and then as a 'fake couple'.

I did love Willard. He was hysterical. We all have those crazy family members we hope to keep stashed away somewhere and we don't ever want to introduce to anyone.

That being said, his humor was very late teen-early twenties male funny. There's talk of poop, being locked in an outhouse ... if this is something you can't get a laugh out of or it squicks you out, you've been warned.

I did truly enjoy this book and I hope to see more from Flora, like I said, possibly a continuation into a series with these characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment